System Administration & IT Infrastucture
This course will transition you from working on a single computer to a whole fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running.
You’ll learn how to manage and configure servers, how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization.
- understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work and how to manage infrastructure servers.
- manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP.
- choose and manage the tools that your organization will use.
- backup your organization’s data and be able to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster.
- utilize systems administration knowledge to plan improve processes for IT environments.